If you are developer and frequently developing a software that send a lot of request to another file server across a network, then you might face this issue that I found that only happened in Windows 10 operating system.
The windows defender originally was installed with Windows 10. So when the windows defender detected there are a lot of unusual connections connecting to another PC across network, it will start cutting down those request.
So far I can’t find any methods to uninstall the Windows Defender, but I found that there is shortcut way to off the windows defender permanently.
Steps to Disable Windows Defender
- Go to Run.
- Type in ‘gpedit.msc’ (without quotes) and hit Enter. This will open up a new menu, where group policy editor options are listed.
- Head to the ‘Administrative Templates’ tab, located under ‘Computer Configuration’.
- Click ‘Windows Components’, followed by ‘Windows Defender’.
- Find the ‘Turn off Windows Defender’ option, and double-click it.
- Apply your changes before exiting the GPE menu.
After done, go and access the Windows Defender again and you will see the screen below.